A healthy life is a dream of every people in this universe. Life is free of sicknesses, diseases, cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. But it still remains a dream for many. Isn’t it? Well, the revolution in technology has completely changed the lifestyle of people. The majority of people today are enjoying high facilities that trigger laziness in them and other than their profession, they are not even interested in moving their bodies. Lack of exercise or any physical activity may lead to serious health issues like cancer, diabetes, cholesterol, etc. There is an unbelievable truth that is,
Lack of exercise is
as many deaths as
smoking across the world
So to lead a healthy life, physical activity is a must. Exercise is such a physical activity that can boost your health and can help you to maintain your body.
What is Exercise?
Exercise is a physical activity that conditions your body and enhances health and fitness. A good exercise is an important part of a healthy life. As discussed above, people of the current generation are enjoying high facilities. As technology is at its peak development, the majority of people’s professional job will be computerized one so that they can do it very easily without breaking much sweat. Just imagine with this much easier job, if people consume more fast food what will be the situation? Their body will lack that energy and freshness and as a result, will lead to serious health issues. Not only that, if a person has to go to a certain place, no matter even it is 1km nearer to him, he will use his personal vehicle. It is better to have a walk, but he will not. People are lazy or do not even like to use their energy. This is the problem of today’s people. They are always choosing the easiest way. They are always in their comfort zone. Unless you break your comfort zone and get out of it, you are in huge trouble. Here comes the importance of exercise. Exercise helps to improve your health and can protect you from serious health issues. Exercise is of different forms- running, walking, jogging and swimming are important types among them.
Types of Exercise
When you think of exercise, the first picture that comes to your mind will be that of running, walking, biking, etc. Yes, it is a mode of exercise. But, exercise means not only that. There are other types of exercise too. Now let us have a look at different types of exercise
- Aerobic Exercise: Aerobic exercise is a common type of exercise. It includes running, walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing, etc. It is also called “cardio exercise”. The word “aerobic” means the presence of Oxygen. This type of exercise gets your heart rate up and ensures a healthy breath. If you are a person doing aerobic exercise on a consistent basis, you will surely get stronger and fitter. Aerobic exercise increases your stamina, strengthen your heart and most importantly reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, cancer, etc.
- Strength Exercise: This is the type of exercise that you are usually doing in a gymnasium. It includes weight lifting, push-ups, crunches, dumbbell practice, etc. The main advantage of strength exercise is that it reduces your weight and keeps your body healthy. Strength exercise increases lean muscle mass that is very crucial for weight loss as lean muscle burns more calories than other types of tissues. It protects bone health and muscle mass. Strength exercise also helps you to escape from serious health issues. Otherwise, you may need to search for an orthopaedic doctor each time.
- Balance Exercise: As the name indicates, this type of exercise helps you to improve and maintain your balance. Balance exercise includes standing on one foot, using a balance board, standing up and sitting down from a chair without using your hands, walking heel to toe, doing yoga and other practices that will improve your balance. There is a high possibility of losing balance according to ageing. The role of balance exercise arrives here. Balance exercise prevents fall, reduces the risk of knee and ankle injuries. In a nutshell, balanced exercise enables you to control and maintain your balance in any circumstance and provides a healthy life
- Flexibility Exercise: The word flexible means capable of bending easily without breaking. The purpose of a flexibility exercise is to make your body flexible and boost your health. Flexibility exercise includes the motion of your joints and muscles. This type of exercise improves the capability of movement of joints and muscles and increases your fitness level. Flexibility exercise also reduces the risk of injury, reduces muscle soreness and helps to improve your athletic performance.
Benefits of Exercise
Exercise gives you enormous benefits. Know why you must do exercise regularly and some are listed below,
- Improves the overall quality of your life
- Reduces stress, anxiety and overall boost your mood
- Strengthens your bones and muscles
- Reduces the risk of serious health issues like high blood pressure, cholesterol, chronic diseases, and even cancer
- Improves the quality of sleep
- Helps to boost your brainpower and memory
- Helps to reduce your weight
- Gives you good looks and makes you age slower
- Improves self-confidence
- Increases your energy level
- Reduces the risk of injury
- Provides a better sex life
- Gets your heart rate up
- Gives you a long life span
At present, the majority of people are suffering from different kinds of illness and sickness such as a fatty body, overweight issues including high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, and other chronic diseases. The main reason behind this is that today’s people are consuming more fast foods, smokes, consumes alcohol and does not even move a finger in their hands. People are doing everything that will make them patients in the near future. But they are not doing the stuff which is really required. Lack of physical activity can negatively affect your health. If you make exercise as a usual routine in your life, then surely a very good result awaits you. As mentioned above, exercise gives you many benefits that no other activities can offer. Check out tips to deal with overweight in GoMyHealth blogs. Exercise not only helps you to overcome the risks of chronic diseases but also provides you with a healthy life in all aspects. So try to involve exercise in your daily time table. Remember, “to enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise”.