Human beings who didn’t go through a rough patch of sadness- Error 404 not found. Yes, it is error 404 not found. Because there are no people who didn’t experience sadness in this universe. It is quite natural. But what if this sadness stays for a long time? It is dangerous. This may lead you to depression. Depression is a serious mood disorder characterized by prolonged feelings of sadness and loss of interest in daily activities. Depression affects your physical and mental health. But don’t get tensed, the majority of depression cases are successfully resolved through various treatments and medications. Many doctors in Kozhikode provide better treatment for depression.
The symptoms of depression include feeling sad, loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed, weight loss or gain, sleeping disorder, feeling guilty, thoughts of death or suicide, difficulty in thinking and concentrating, difficulty in decision making, lack of energy or increased fatigue, irritability, feelings of hopelessness, moving and talking more slowly, and unexplained physical problems(headache, back pain, cramps, digestive problems). If you find any of the symptoms listed here, its time to meet a doctor. Hospitals in Kozhikode provide excellent treatment for depression.
The main causes of depression are listed below
- Genetics: If your family has a history of depression, you too are under risk.
- Brain Chemistry: Changes in neurotransmitters in your brain play a vital role in triggering depression.
- Hormone Changes: Hormone changes may also trigger depression. This mostly occurs in women especially in the time of pregnancy.
- Certain Medications: Sometimes, medications too may lead to depression. Sleeping aids and blood pressure medications are important ones.
- Personality: People who are easily vulnerable to tensions, stress, and other negative factors are likely to experience depression.
- Life Events: Some life events such as work issues, financial problems, medical problems, problems with family and friends, divorce, stressful events, etc. may also trigger depression.
- Loneliness: In some people, loneliness plays a major role in causing depression. Leaving away from their family and friends may lead to negative thoughts and tensions ultimately triggering depression.
- Smoking, Alcohol, and Drugs: All these may lead to depression. Some people use all these when life gets tensed. But remember, these things will not only destroy you mentally but also can disturb you physically.
- Illness: In some people, illness and diseases trigger depression. For example, if you are a person having cancer, you will be disappointed, tensed and sad. This may lead to depression
The important treatments for depression are listed below
- Medications: Antidepressants are the main medicine used for depression treatment. The crucial antidepressants are Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), Serotonin-norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs), Atypical Antidepressants, Tricyclic Antidepressants, and Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs).
- Psychotherapy: It is also known as talk therapy or psychological therapy. Here a mental health professional will try to eradicate all the negative feelings and thoughts in you and will motivate you. So that you will be able to face any crunch situation and can manage stress. Positive energy will be inculcated in you. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy are important methods of psychotherapy.
- Brain Stimulation Therapy: For people who do not get better through medications and psychotherapy, brain stimulation therapy is the final option. Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) are the main methods of brain stimulation therapy. In ECT, an electric current is passed into your bain to make the neurotransmitters function actively without any changes so that the possibilities of depression may be less. In TMS, a treatment coil is placed against your scalp and it sends short magnetic pulses to boost the nerve cells in your brain. These nerve cells are involved in mood regulation and depression.
Natural remedies for depression are almost the same as that of anxiety. When you are depressed, the main factor is that you think you cannot do anything. You need to challenge these negative thoughts. For that, you need to be confident and believe in yourself. Natural remedies can play a vital role here. For short term depression issues, natural remedies are more than enough. But this may not help in long term depression. Anyways, natural remedies include regular exercise, yoga practices, deep-breathing exercises, having healthy food, meditation, listening to music to feel relaxed, good sleeping time table, avoiding smoking and alcohol. All these activities will induce positive energy and freshness in you and chances of depression is way too less. Talking to people who support and motivate you is another way of being confident and happy.
If you are having depression issues, no need to worry much. But depression should be treated early if you have to get rid of it. The depression problems in most of the people were successfully cured using different treatments. So if you have depression issues, first go for natural remedies and if it does not help, meet the best Psychologist near you and do scientific treatments. If you do all these things to defend depression, then surely the depression in you be like- “error 404 not found”.